Shop on Amazon and support our kids at PS11! You must click on the banner above. The fundraising code is embedded in the link. Please tell friends and family!
PHOTO ID CARDS for 2016-17 school year
As part of our school safety protocol we issue PS11 photo ID's to all custodial parents. We will be issuing parent ID's for new parents on Wednesday, August 31 9:00 am- 12:30 pm
For security reasons, all grownups will be required to display these IDs or an orange visitor sticker when inside the building following PS11's safety protocols:
Guardians with badges must sign in with our School Safety Officer and display their badge for volunteering, parent-teacher conferences and scheduled appointments, Ryan Center, etc.
Guardians with badges must show badge to School Safety Officer and display their badge for large schoolwide events such as PTA meetings, shows, Family Friday, etc).
Guardians and other visitors WITHOUT badges must sign in using own photo ID and obtain and display an orange visitor sticker.
Please note: Lost badges will have a $5 replacement fee. Thank you for your cooperation, and if you have any questions, please email PS11 SLT.
READ... It's Free!
You will not even believe the countless free resources the The New York Public Library provides for children and families. Here are some great ways you can use your public library this summer:
- Ebooks: If students have a library card and a device (phone, tablet, computer) they can digitally check out ebooks whether they are in the comfort of their own homes or away on vacation.
- Book Lists: Need book recommendations? NYPL has suggested book lists categorized by grade, topic, and genre.
- Educational Websites: Students can access educational websites right from NYPL's site.
- Programs for Kids: Are you looking for wholesome and engaging activities for your child this summer? Branches across the city offer programming for kids of every age. They have arts and crafts, boardgames, story time, music and so much more and it is ALL free!
- Resources for Parents: Need some guidance about reading? The Library offers a long list of different resources to help you foster a life long love of reading in your child.
Incredible, right? If your child doesn't have a library card, apply for one here.
Visit the PS11 ShowMe site for great ideas about how to keep your kids interested and learning all summer long!
Check out the final edition of the PS11 Paper for the 2015-16 school year. We enjoyed bringing you all the news that's fit to print. Have a great summer and feel free to print out this and past editions of the Paper for a little summer reading!
SUMMER SCIENCE ACTIVITES!
Visit the PS11 ShowMe site and you'll find Mr. Roylance and Mrs. Griffith have incredible ideas about how you can stay in touch with your inner scientist this summer. Whether you want to try a Self-Guided Tour of Central Park to immerse yourself in nature or check out this free podcast, their list of resources is sure to get your neurons firing!
PS11 was part of the Quiet Summer Institute, a professional development workshop that was featured in this segment by NPR and based on Susan Cain's best-seller Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking.
PS11 has signed on to be part of a year long journey with the aim to create a Quiet School, which is, "characterized by an inclusive culture in which everyone is recognized for their potential to learn and lead in authentic ways." We believe this work will help our entire school community and look forward to the road ahead. Stay tuned!
Oh and by the way, "The Quiet Revolution" also has resources for "Quiet Parenting," check them out here.