VOLUNTEERING AT PS11
Welcome, Parents! We know how much you love our school and we thank you for your willingness to offer your valuable time to help make it such an amazing place for our kids. This year, we are kicking off the 11 for 11 Initiative: we ask every parent to find a way to put in 11 hours of volunteer time for PS 11. Let us connect you with the perfect opportunity.
A list of all ongoing volunteer opportunities are available HERE. Please note: you will need to register an email address to view opportunities on Volunteerspot.
In only two minutes you can fill out the PARENT VOLUNTEER SURVEY and tell us what kind of opportunities interest you, when you might like to volunteer, and any special skills you have. This helps us to direct opportunities to the right people!
Note: you will need to register an email address to view opportunities on Volunteerspot.
There are many ways to support your school from your own home or computer. Data entry, graphic design, translation, "Thank you" letters — these and other projects are perfect for parents who want to help but struggle to get to school during the day. Sign up HERE to indicate your interest and we will be in touch.
If you are interested in more scheduled opportunities, there's always a spot for you! While these opportunities occur regularly, commitments are flexible:
- Lunch (M-F, various times mid-day): Help children navigate the salad bar and learn about the healthy foods they're eating.
- Classroom Kitchen (M-F, various times all day): Our kitchen needs assistance with the setup and cleanup of cooking lessons.
- Library (M-F, various times all day): Help us foster the love of reading!
- Farm to Table: Chickens, Gardening, Farmer's Market and more!
- Lost and Found: Help us reunite our kids with gloves, coats, lunchboxes and more.
If you are a parent or educator who needs volunteers for an event, or if you want to explore ideas about volunteerism at PS 11, please start here by filling out this Request Form.
Questions? Please email the 2015-2016 Volunteer Coordinators, Erica Hadzic and Stacey Vukelj.