Specials Supply Wish List
With budgets as tight as they are, any and all donations of supplies to the specialty programs (computers, art, music, dance, phys ed, theater) are not only very much appreciated, but contribute directly to the success of these programs. If you would like to make a donation of specific supplies, or if you have any other items you think might be of use, please contact that program's teacher at the email listed.
Thank you, and please look back here, periodically, to see what items are needed.
Science (Mr Roylance)
• Composition notebooks for the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade scientists
Theater (Ms Sarah)
• Portable CD Player (Boombox)
• Copy Paper- White and any colors
Beauty and the Beast:
If you can donate or loan any of these items please email Ms. Sarah.
• Black Theater Grade Curtains to hide “wing” space
• Building Supplies (or gift cards to Home Depot)
• Villager props (be creative if you think it might work, PLEASE let us know):
- Old looking canes, baskets, books, lanterns, other items you might see in a “small French provincial town”
- Old looking inventor goggles
- Vintage scarf
- Costumes that can be modified to pass for villagers in a “small provincial town” or an “enchanted castle”,
And lastly VOLUNTEERS, if you can assist with set-building, costume construction, lights, sound, prop-making…please let us know! Thanks!!
Computers (Mr Fier)
• The computer lab needs Toner for Color Printers. This will allow me to pick a project per class and send home at least one copy of student work printed in color. It will also allow me to print a color page of their work to put in their portfolio. And it will allow other classroom teachers to come to the lab from time to time and print out a worksheet that needs color or student work to share. These cartridges are EXPENSIVE, (to refill all four toners with high yield can be as much as $1,000 for one printer) so if you can only afford one please email me firstname.lastname@example.org to know which I most need right now. In the computer lab I have two color printers, Lexmark C736dn and Lexmark X544. The C736 is more important right now. If you’re ready right now to purchase these for the computer lab the easiest is just to go to Amazon and search Lexmark Toner and model number. Most toner cartridges have two or even three prices depending on the yield, (number of pages it will print before running out) and yes I would love the High Yield but I'll take anything and be VERY grateful.
• Also all the printers in my room need a replacement toner waste bottle. These are not expensive but since they are not purchasable as a school supply so you're my only hope. Again search Amazon using Toner Waste Bottle and models Lexmark C756dn, X544, T650n.
• Used USB mice and keyboards. When you recycle the computer, save the keyboard and mice for PS11!
• Mouse Pads. Google donated Mouse Pads but they've seen so much wear many need to be replaced. A parent did donate some at the beginning of the year but inexpensive ones tend to fall apart quick under much use by 5-11 year-olds, so I could use them again.
• Headphones. THANK YOU to all who have contributed, the computer lab is now Good with headphones.
• LEGO hand-me-downs or LEGO Robotic Sets.
• Cleaning Stuff: Good right now, Thanks!
Music (Ms Golub)
• TV or TV monitor
• hand sanitizer
• Clorox or Lysol wipes
• nylon guitar strings
• 100 stack of blank recordable cds/dvds
• hand-me-down instruments
Art (Ms Sam)
• baby wipes! • facial tissues • paper towels • hand sanitizer • takeout food containers • plastic straws • paper plates, bowls and cups • tape (masking and scotch) • index cards (all sizes) • ribbon • yarn • buttons • notions • paper • envelopes
A NEW WAY TO HELP You can donate much needed art supplies through Dick Blicks' Art Room Aid program. Just log on to www.artroomaid.com, search for PS 11 Art Boosters Fall 2012 and check out our list and pick something that fits your budget and interest. You can also donate gift cards to us through this link.
Questions? Write Ms. Sam at Shack2@schools.nyc.gov
Thank you for your help and generosity! We couldn't do it without you!